Trick 'r Treat Party Mix
- 3/4 box Chex (or Crispix)
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup bite-size pretzels
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark Karo syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine cereal, pecans, pepitas, pretzels and cranberries.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add brown sugar and Karo syrup. Bring to a boil and cook about 3-4 minutes. Carefully pour hot syrup over cereal mixture. Mix well, then transfer mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and stir while cooling to avoid lumping.