- 1 gal. burgundy wine
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau or triple sec
- 2 oranges, juiced (save rinds)
- 1 lemon, juiced (save rinds)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pint dark cherries
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 liter of ginger ale or seltzer
- In a pan over medium heat, combine sugar and juices, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- In a large container with a tight fitting lid, combine wine, brandy, Cointreau, sugar juice syrup.
- Cut rinds of oranges and lemon in large chunks and add to mixture. Add some of the cherries, blackberries and strawberries. Muddle and stir well.
- Cover and chill for several days, shaking or stirring occasionally. Freeze remaining fruit.
- To serve, fill a glass 1/4 full with ginger ale. Add a spoonful of the frozen fruit, and fill with the wine mixture. Stir gently and serve immediately.