Orange Jello Shot
- 2-3 medium thick-skinned Navel oranges
- 1/4 cup reserved orange juice
- 1 (3oz) box of orange jello
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup Stoli Ohranj Vodka
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or triple sec
1. Slice oranges in half lengthwise (from tip to tip) and using a grapefruit spoon, carefully pry out the pulp of the orange, making sure to keep the orange rind completely intact. Reserve the juice and pulp.
2. Squeeze and strain 1/4 cup of juice from remaining orange pulp; set aside.
3. In a bowl, add boiling water to the jello and whisk for several minutes until completely dissolved. Let cool. Add juice, vodka and orange liquor. Set in fridge to start thickening the jello, about 10-15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place orange halves in the wells of a muffin tin (for stability), making sure they are level. Fill orange halves with the slightly thickened jello, filling to the edge. Return to fridge and chill until completely set (several hours).
5. Place an orange half on cutting board. Hold firmly with one hand and make quick, clean cuts with a very sharp knife. Slice each in half and then in half again, forming quarter slices. Return slices to fridge and keep chilled until serving.