with Pita Chips
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini bean
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus a drizzle for the pita bread
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt & pepper
- 1 package pita bread
1. Preheat the oven to 400º.
2. Drain and rinse the cannellini beans and place in the food processor. Add the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and parsley. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
3. Cut each pita in half and then into wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss, spreading out the wedges evenly. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden. Serve the pita toasts at room temperature with the bean puree.